Location: Dublin City Centre
Role: Permanent full-time
UI / UX Designer
Do you want to join the fastest growing Digital agency in Ireland as a UI / UX Designer?
Granite Digital has a great company culture, and a team of over 60 people with 20 based in our Temple Bar office in Dublin City Centre.
In this role, you will be person responsible for designing the user interface and user experience across many varied and exciting projects including Web Apps, eCommerce and websites.
You’ll create stunning and inspiring design experiences that help users' interaction with the software. You should be open for an adventure, be entrepreneurial and a self-starter, comfortable working closely with agile teams.
You will help define and drive the future of Granite Digital design. You will identify and contribute to product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and help inspire the internal teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of UX and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other disciplines to create innovative experiences across all of Granite's products and applications.
You have a sense for clean design and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You also take time to understand the performance side of design, and also the business aspects of our clients' websites and applications. These projects need to deliver positive ROI for our clients across all types of devices from desktop to mobile.
- Be responsible for craft and design of our web applications
- Collaborate with other teams to turn big ideas into simple, elegant products
- Own all facets of design: interaction, visual, workflow, prototyping
- Invent exciting new features and product directions.
- Lead workshops and sprints that include PMs and Engineers from your teams.
- User research, persona building and user testing of designs
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Development teams to understand our users' needs, and translate them into product requirements.
- Create and implement beautiful mock-ups/wire-frames/prototypes for new features across web and mobile
- Help establish and develop our design culture as we continue to grow.
- Advocate for users in a fast-paced, corporate climate, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business and engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in UX Usability and Design – from Research through to implementation
- Experience working across organisational boundaries to define, manage and prioritise work, with a collaborative and innovative approach.
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Creative, embrace constraints, solution-oriented, and tenacious
- Out of the box thinker with an eye for art and user experience
- Has a creative flare with an understanding of latest trends in colour, typography, online tools, etc.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
- Strong design skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Invision (or other similar prototyping tools)
- Proven experience creating prototypes or highly detailed Wireframes for complex web applications
- Adapting UI features based on usability test results
- Being up-to-date on best practice relating to UI design and usability research.
- Ability to prototype in HTML & CSS is a plus but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organisation.
- Ability to convince with methodical based UX concepts, you know how to utilise user-flow diagrams, sitemaps, sketches, sitemaps, process flows, website analytics, user research and wireframes.
- Willing to constantly learn new methods of creating digital experiences and a very strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate passion for the combination of design, psychology, product development, technology and business.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and communicate with senior stakeholders
- Actively conduct research to drive insights into the team - actively testing the product via moderated user research, remote user testing, prototype testing, analysis of on-site feedback and consultations with key business stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you are suitable for this role. Email careers@[our domain]
Ref: UI / UX Designer