Our core objectives were...
- Maximise the capability of websites to ultimately attract and convert local and international students through cutting edge UX and modern information architecture principals
- Undertake research to ensure that both website are in line with competitor business schools ensuring that websites have the look and feel of a global top 50 business school
- To showcase the high level of academic expertise of UCD Smurfit School (www.smurfitschool.ie) and UCD Quinn School (www.ucd.ie/quinn) by promoting content relating to research, publications, ideas and the thought leadership of your academic community
- To redesign sites in such a manner that they serve the needs of students (prospective, incoming and current), Faculty, Alumni, Recruiters & industry & staff
- To ensure that both websites will amalgamate with the overall UCD Business School ecosystem
- To engage prospective students with localised landing pages through IP targeting
- To create a user friendly CMS that is agile for digital marketing campaigns, with a search engine friendly digital marketing structure
- Enhance user experience as they interact with the website, focusing on ease of access to information and tools through smart navigation and interaction design, making sure the site is straight-forward to use
- A website capable of conveying a vast amount of varied information formats, whilst at the same time providing an appealing user experience which is easy to navigate.
- Structure, navigation and content should communicate effectively with different stakeholder groups and meet best practice requirements.
- Build a website that is fully scalable which will enable it to grow and be developed further into the future
- Make sure that non-technical staff users can easily add content to the website using the backend content management tools that provide a consistent experience across all device types
We also set out our own set of objectives we wanted to achieve:
- Build a highly visually appealing website that is of top class design which will capture the user’s attention from the moment they land on it and throughout their journey until they leave the site.
- To focus on the end user and offer ease of access to information through a smart navigation system.
- Build a website that is fully scalable which will enable it to grow and be developed further into the future.